With its resiliency and extraordinary all-around performance, the chain drive garage door opener is a perfect choice if you want the performance of Liftmaster’s best-selling openers. Get years of reliable operation from our industrial-strength chain drive system and consume up to 75% less power in standby mode. For your peace of mind we offer warranties on our motor, parts and labor. Call us today to determine which chain drive opener would be best for your home!
Chain drive motors use a chain on a metal trolley to raise the garage door. Chain drive motor technology is the longest used, most economical, and most popular garage door opener. Chain drive motors are louder than other models, so consider installing a belt drive or specialty motor if your garage door is located near an office or bedroom for minimal disturbance.
1/2 HP AC motor combines a strong pulling force with a steel reinforced belt to lift heavy doors.
Model 8165 – 4-year motor warranty
1-year parts warranty | 1-year labor warranty
1/2 HP AC motor with industrial strength belt drive system provides quiet, reliable and maintenance free performance.
Model 8365 – Lifetime motor warranty
1-year parts warranty | 1-year labor warranty
DC motor belt drive system is powerful yet ultra-quiet and maintenance free.
Model 8587 – Lifetime motor warranty
5-year parts warranty | 1-year labor warranty
- P3™ Motors are reliable, durable and powerful – designed specifically for your needs.
- Battery Backup powers up even when power is out so you can get in your garage.
- Belt drive system means ultra-quiet performance – ideal if your home has living space above or next to the garage.
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS.) provides super quiet, smooth operation year after year. (Models 8557 & 8555 only)
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Lifetime motor and belt warranty, 5-year parts warranty.
Safety and Security
- Security+ 2.0® safeguards your household – with every click of the remote control, a brand new security code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for you. This technology makes it impossible for burglars to break into your home with stolen codes.
- PosiLock® electronically locks down your closed door against forced entry.
- Timer-to-Close remembers to close your garage door when you forget. Activate this system and automatically close your door after a pre-programmed number of minutes. (Models 8550 & 8557 only)
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ Technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion detector system activates the garage door opener lights as soon as you walk in so you’ll never need to fumble in the dark again.
- The Protector System® protects pets, children, and vehicles from the closing door with safety sensors that project an infrared light beam across the garage door to automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam.
No matter which Garage Door Opener you select, we have a full range of accessories to choose from.
LiftMaster® has the accessories that will improve your day-to-day functions and give you peace of mind that your family and property is protected.
MyQ® Technology enables you to securely monitor and control your garage door opener and houselights with your smartphone, tablet or computer. (Requires purchase of Internet Gateway (828LM)).
Alerts can be received as email or pop-up (push) notifications on your mobile device so you always know the status of your garage door and houselights.
MyQ mobile app is a free download requiring no annual activation fee.
Internet Gateway (828LM)
Connect your garage door opener, gate operator and MyQ® Accessories to the Internet, enabling smartphone control.
MyQ Garage (821LM)
Enables smartphone control of most major garage door opener brands and gate operators with Photo Eyes. Controls up to two garage doors at once (requires extra door sensor, sold separately). Controls up to 16 MyQ-Enabled devices.
Door & Gate Monitor (829LM)
Monitor and close up to four garage doors or gates from any room inside your house. Compatible with MyQ®-enabled garage door opener or MyQ Control Panel (Model 888LM)
MyQ® Retrofit Package
Upgrade any LiftMaster® garage door opener manufactured since 1998 to the new MyQ® and Security+ 2.0® radio systems so you can control your garage door with your smartphone or computer. Includes: (1) LiftMaster® Internet Gateway and (1) MyQ® Control Panel.
1-Button Visor Remote Control (891LM)
Allows you to control a single garage door opener, gate operator or MyQ Light Accessory
2-Button Visor Remote Control (892LM)
The ideal remote control for gated communities or if you have more than one Liftmaster® opener in your garage. One button can open a gate operator and the other can open a garage door opener. It can also be programmed to different codes and frequencies.
3-Button Visor Remote Control (893MAX)
This powerful multi-door control can operate up to 3 garage door openers, gate operators, or MyQ® enabled light accessories. It is compatible with all LiftMaster® garage door openers manufactured since 1993.
Wireless Exterior Keypad (877MAX & 877LM)
This wireless keyless entry system lets you open or close your garage door without using a remote control or key. It is compatible with all LiftMaster® garage door openers manufactured since 1993.
Mini Keychain Remote Control (890MAX)
If you’re always on the go, this mini remote control will go right with you. It can easily fit on a keychain, in your purse, or in your pocket.