Chain Drive Models
1/2 HP AC motor combines a strong pulling force with a steel reinforced belt to lift heavy doors.
Model 8165 – 4-year motor warranty 1-year parts warranty | 1-year labor warranty
1/2 HP AC motor with industrial strength belt drive system provides quiet, reliable and maintenance free performance.
Model 8365 – Lifetime motor warranty 1-year parts warranty | 1-year labor warranty
DC motor belt drive system is powerful yet ultra-quiet and maintenance free.
Model 8587 – Lifetime motor warranty 5-year parts warranty | 1-year labor warranty
Welborn Carries Only The Best
With its resiliency and extraordinary all-around performance, the chain drive garage door opener is a perfect choice if you want the performance of Liftmaster’s best-selling openers. Get years of reliable operation from our industrial-strength chain drive system and consume up to 75% less power in standby mode. For your peace of mind we offer warranties on our motor, parts and labor. Call us today to determine which chain drive opener would be best for your home!
Chain drive motors use a chain on a metal trolley to raise the garage door. Chain drive motor technology is the longest used, most economical, and most popular garage door opener. Chain drive motors are louder than other models, so consider installing a belt drive or specialty motor if your garage door is located near an office or bedroom for minimal disturbance.
- P3™ Motors are reliable, durable and powerful – designed specifically for your needs.
- Battery Backup powers up even when power is out so you can get in your garage.
- Belt drive system means ultra-quiet performance – ideal if your home has living space above or next to the garage.
- Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS.) provides super quiet, smooth operation year after year. (Models 8557 & 8555 only)
- Energy-efficient operation consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Lifetime motor and belt warranty, 5-year parts warranty.
Safety & Security
- Security+ 2.0® safeguards your household – with every click of the remote control, a brand new security code is sent to the garage door opener so that the door opens only for you. This technology makes it impossible for burglars to break into your home with stolen codes.
- PosiLock® electronically locks down your closed door against forced entry.
- Timer-to-Close remembers to close your garage door when you forget. Activate this system and automatically close your door after a pre-programmed number of minutes. (Models 8550 & 8557 only)
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ Technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion detector system activates the garage door opener lights as soon as you walk in so you’ll never need to fumble in the dark again.
- The Protector System® protects pets, children, and vehicles from the closing door with safety sensors that project an infrared light beam across the garage door to automatically reverse the door if anything interrupts the beam.